Quarter-life crisis is a bitch. But before you wish you didn’t have to go through this twenty-something period, discover how it can help you find yourself and what you are destined to be- happy, amazing, successful, and full of life!
Lately did I realize that feeling lost is a common experience for us twenty-somethings. I thought I was alone. It felt like depression getting deeper, eating up my soul. Thinking I was the numbest creature alive, I resorted to my little corner, phone in hand and had fel-good music playing to soothe the driest melancholy I’ve had in years. When you’re lost, you can’t work right. So work’s delayed and the blog needed to be updated but I just couldn’t bring myself to write a single word. So yes, if you sometimes feel lost and confused and you’re in your twenties, welcome to the quarter-life crisis where you survive if you hang on and realize it’s just a phase.
HOW TWENTY-SOMETHINGS USUALLY FEEL:
Make your own list of feelings and add a list of your needs and what you have to do.
These are just examples of what a twenty-something woman would feel necessary and important in her life. Making up the lists helps me recall what I truly want in life. To help you remember or discover what you want in life,make a list by writing every line beginning with “I want” but everything needs to be more concrete this time.
Excitement keeps us alive. Of course, we all want to be happy. We want to reach our dreams. We want to fulfill our goals. We want to be successful. Yet it’s not the material side of success that makes you un-lost. What we want is not only the good life, but what is larger than life. Our passions, dreams and everything we love keeps us more excited about life. When we remember love, feel love and do love, positive energy fills us and we become whole again.
WHY TWENTY-SOMETHINGS FEEL LOST
According to Forbes, there are “eight reasons why people feel lost in their lives”. We added two more. Let’s sum it up.
1. We lose sense of why we’re doing what we’re doing.
2. We get too busy to do the things we love.
3. We don’t see a purpose.
4. We lack moral support.
5. We have too much in our minds, like thinking and planning too much.
6. We get distracted by TV, smart phones, social sites, and our social life.
7. We eat too much fast food, affecting our ability to think quickly, clearly, and creatively.
8. We have too many ideals influenced by what the media is showing.
9. We fear failure, making us immobile and unhappy.
10. We realize that we can do better but something hinders us from making a move.
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU FEEL LOST
1. Think of the people who are special to you.
2. Listen to feel-good, soothing, and empowering music. We recommend Coldplay, U2, The Wanted, One Republic, Owl City, Maroon 5, Beyonce, Katy Perry, Lisa Mitchell, Alicia Keys, Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj.
3. Read something that helps like Rhonda Byrne’s The Secret, The Power or google your question.
4. Talk to someone with a positive mindset. Negativity is contagious and will lead to fears, hopelessness, and misery.
5. Ask God. When you cry out to heaven and you get no answer, cry harder. He will not let you down. Trust in Him to guide you in your work for He is always faithful.